COMPLETE AFRICAN FASHION ON MOUSE-CLICK!!!
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT ISSUES RELATING TO FASHION AND STYLE IN AFRICA AND BEYOND THE SHORES OF AFRICA.
TEL:08169284031,08075003154
EMAIL:info@fashionnetworkafrica.com fashionnetworkafrica@gmail.com
www.fashionnetworkafrica.com

ACCESS BANK

VOGUE INSPIRE MAGAZINE

VOGUE INSPIRE MAGAZINE
Exclusive stories, news and updates on fashion, lifestyle, modeling, pageants, and so much more...

NIGERIA'S NEXT SUPER MODEL 2012 ONLINE REGISTRATION

Registration Online for Nigeria's Next Super Model 2013 is now on.
Miss Unity Nigeria 2013 registration is now on.
Click here now.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Mouret the merrier

Afew days before I hit 40 (hit being the operative word), my friend Andreas inquired what I would be sporting to mark the occasion chez the party suite at Battersea Bridge Road's achingly fantabulous Draft House. "Oh, some fail-safe party ensemble: an ancient, hole-ridden cashmere sweater, glitzy skirt, heels, some bling, plus that indestructible Dorothy Perkins clutch someone once drove over. I never think about it until I'm leaving the house."
He gazed at me with the full weight of his Teuton metrosexuality. "It's not British to be too try-hard," I floundered. "I'm a drinker: I need something I can spill red wine down and climb a tree in. Bashes should be about old favourites, not premièring a breaking outfit." "Betts," he countered, "it's not as if you're ever going to get married. This is the night to glam up. Just get a dress."
If only life were that simple. Knockout frocks are like knockout chaps: the moment one decides one wants one, none will be found; thus one has to seize each in passing, whether one requires it or not. My last proper party dress is 20 (count 'em) years old. I have dined, danced and dallied, swum, skated and slept in it; and fondly considered it a Hepburn-esque take on the bin bag.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Fashion Network Africa, your search light to the world of fashion.

Fashion Network Africa, your search light to the world of fashion.
From time to time,Fashion Network Africa will bring to you updates of fashion events and general news in Africa and beyond the shores of Africa.The Nigeria's Next super model will be covered by fashionnetworkafrica from the 20th of November, 2011

Top Stories